summer education intern
Seattle Public Theater, a three-time Gregory Awards Theater-of-the-Year nominee, seeks an energetic summer intern for its education and community programs. As our intern, you'll be directly involved in facilitating our education program’s productions and camps. Tasks include: pre-planning and pre-production, facilitating tech rehearsals, attending production meetings, attending bi-weekly staff meetings, attending mentorship meetings, assisting in promoting our scholarship program and community partnerships, coordinating community events, and assisting teaching artists and student designers. You’ll leave your internship with a well-rounded knowledge of arts administration, theater education, and arts-based community activism. Seattle Public Theater is committed to equity and inclusion; people of color and other people traditionally underrepresented in the theater field are encouraged to apply.
- Pass a background check
- Be comfortable with students ages 3-18 (predominantly middle- and high-school ages)
- Have an interest in social justice in the arts
- Be a strong collaborator open to constructive criticism
- Possess a strong desire to learn more about arts education
- Have some knowledge of technical theater or a desire to learn
- Be punctual, patient, and professional
- Have basic Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel)
Desired but not required
- A valid driver’s license
- Some teaching experience
Professional opportunities will include:
- Opportunities to co-design or co-teach
- Receive mentorship from professional artists who love theater
- Develop teaching skills and classroom management techniques
- Improve technical theater skills
- Receive tickets (two per show) to our 2018-2019 mainstage season
Start date: June 26th, 2018
End date: August 31st, 2018
Weekly stipend: $125
Interested applicants send cover letter and resume to Director of Education and Community Engagement, Ana María Campoy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position is open until filled.